Bleach RPG
Please Log IN Smile
Bleach RPG
Please Log IN Smile
Bleach RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach RPG

Bleach Text-based RPG

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestions for improvement

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ReijiMaigo
3rd Division Captain

Suggestions for improvement Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for improvement   Suggestions for improvement I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:45 am

Since I was asked to post my thoughts here, I suppose there's nothing but to do it.

Bear in mind that the suggestions I post below are based on my view of an optimized forum. While some of them are concrete suggestions, others may be abstracts which may be harder to implement. This is how I run OPRP, how Orius runs NSRP, how FeY used to run Melody of Death. It may be hard or impossible to implement depending on your ideals, your worktime, your qualities and your member base. You don't really have a staff of twenty to do your bidding like other sites do.

• Determine what kind of RP setting you wish to create. What do you want to focus on? Is it PvP, power-progession, character development or anything else? Do you want them to RP together or sit in corners and write solo-RPs? Just make sure you know for certain what your goal is, that is, "what kind of fun you want to have", and define it properly.
  • Determine what kind of OOC setting you wish to create. How should the site system work best to reflect your standards as admin? What do you think is important? Literary qualities and/or improvement? Creative freedom? Staying true to your interpretation of Bleach?
  • Write down the two above properly in a system, so all the staff knows what's going on. The fact that we can ask different admins and get different answers on the same issue is unacceptable.
  • Assign administrators who share the same goals and ideals you do, in accordance to what you've written, so you don't end up with a hierarchy conflict.
  • Assign moderators who can accept your goals, work and adhere by them. Make sure they follow the guidelines you have given them.
  • Determine your interpretation of the Bleach manga, and how you wish this forum to reflect that in terms of extrapolation. Can there be non-japanese shinigami? Non-japanese zanpakutous? Non-japanese soul societies? Can there be candy mountains hidden inside closets? What is expected, content-wise, in histories? How old can people be, and how does that age reflect in their appearance? What is acceptable in the appearance section?
  • Properly define the power levels of each release. Since arrancar begin with both an innate ability and resurrección, which part reflects what for shinigami? Does the innate ability = shikai and the ressurección = bankai, or is the innate just a bonus? This goes for the rest of the races, too.
  • Make up your mind about passives. Considering the extreme abundance of passive abilities in the manga, I find it strange that you would arbitrarily ban them.
  • Define your cooldown system. If a technique has 1 post cooldown, what does that mean? That I have to wait one post before I can use it again? Or that I can use it every post, but not twice in a single one? Same for turns. Also, why is there a need for turns if you have a simple 1:2 conversion ratio to posts?

There's more, but most of them really depend on what kind of RP setting you wish to have.
Back to top Go down
Dai Ryuujin no Omega
Admin
Dai Ryuujin no Omega

Suggestions for improvement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for improvement   Suggestions for improvement I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:30 pm

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions, Reiji. Memel and I will go over all of these points and plan accordingly... unless Memel wishes to clarify these things here and now. I don't know what his plans are yet.
Back to top Go down

Suggestions for improvement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bleach RPG :: Administration :: Suggestions/Feedbacks/Comments-
Jump to: